Saturday 5 April 2014

SIAMESE CATS CAKE

I was given yet another challenge!  I had to do not one but two siamese cats cake.  I had a couple of options of designing this cake: 1) carve a cake to have two cats curled up sleeping together or 2) create two separate cats facing each other.   I decided to chose the second option as I was afraid to mess up the first one because when you carve a cake, you really only have one chance at it, otherwise I would have to bake the pieces all over again.  I definitely did not want to to that!  To create my cats, I used two small semi spheres for the head, and a small paisley pan to create the body.  I was looking for the look of two cats sitting upright facing each other.  Because I was asked to do chocolate pointer siamese cats, I had to ensure I was going to be using the right colours.  For the base, I coloured the fondant with an ivory food colour.  I then, painted the ears and tail black.  I also painted the face with a chocolate brown colour before putting on the mouth, nose and eyes.  When I think of siamese cats, I think about their personalities as being snobby and upper class.  I guess I got this image from movies and shows that portray them that way.  So, I wanted to give them a bling-bling collar.  Here are my double trouble twin cats:





No comments:

Post a Comment