Saturday 7 June 2014

OFF ROADING JEEP THEME CAKE

For the first time, I was asked to make a Jeep Theme.  I was actually surprised that she did not want an actual Jeep for a cake,  which I was hoping for as I had never made one.  The challenge to this cake was making a terrain that would be great for off roading.

I used two circular pans and cut them into various pieces and arranged them on the cake board before I iced them.  I wanted the cake to really reflect off roading using natural surroundings.  I visualized a hilly terrain with a stream going across it as two Jeeps where trying to cross it.  Making the terrain was fun and easy but making the Jeeps out of fondant was a bit challenging as there were specific details that had to be cut to size.  I probably would have just bought two small jeeps and put them on top of the cake but they are not easy to find.  So... the only way was to make them...







No comments:

Post a Comment